Storing bike gear and bikes right is a very important issue. If you like to ride a bike, or enjoy long rides on a bike, or maybe you use your bike for exercises in order to be in a good shape, or maybe your whole family likes to go on bike adventures and play with kids, you definitely know the pain of untangling various bike accessories for riding. This problem may be solved by means of a good bike racks. When it comes to choosing a rack, it makes you dizzy. However, we are going to help you and describe bike racks that will suit every pocket.
If you want to choose a good and quality bike rack, the following factors has to be taken into account:
- Material quality
- Easy of use
- Design steadiness
|Dirza Bike RackCar
|10.2" x 5.3" x 3"
|RAD Cycle Products
|9" x 6" x 12"
|83" x 19.75" x 16"
|5" x 22" x 25"
|13.5" x 13.5" x 18"
Bike Rack Systems
The market is now full of various designs of the bike racks, and everyone is able to choose what he/she prefers and wants. We would like to represent you some of the most popular garage rack systems.
1. Rail Mounts is usually a single bike system consisting of a rail that is mounted to the ceiling, a pulley system to take up the bicycle to the ceiling. The easy installed pulley leverage system allows lifting and lowering the bike without any efforts. It means that teenagers, and women can easily take up their bikes, if needed. Due to this construction, you will have a free space in your garage, and your bikes will be always protected against any corrosive damages. This rack helps to keep your vehicles in a good condition within a long period. The bike storage system is usually equipped with a steel framework to take care of heavy bikes. Keep in mind, that you should use quality rope for the pulley system. Otherwise, it will be quickly torn. Special rubber hooks keep the bicycle in place and protect against any damages such as scratches.
2. Wall Mounts is a type of the rack system that is installed on the wall due to bolts and screws. Some of the wall mounts may have a challenging design, and it may be difficult sometimes to install it. It is necessary to use good metal screws to provide a steady hanging of the bikes, and about 6-8 inches gap should be kept between two hangers in order to avoid the bike jamming.
3. Freestanding and floor storage stands for bikes are chosen by users who cannot drill into ceilings and walls. The independent stands provide the movement or re-positioning of the rack, and a user can suit for own needs. Due to this, a user can adjust the space. Due to the special mechanism, the bikes will not fall from the floor stands. This type of the bike racks is the most convenient and affordable for the garage.
4. Bar storage racks are an effective design to keep many bikes in a row. This option is preferred by big families with several bikes. It will be not a problem to hang 5 or more bicycles in line. Due to this system, the space will be well-organized, and you will not have a mess with all your bikes. A firm steel body is provided and it allows to carry heavy goods. This type will perfectly do for sports bikes and mountain bikes.
Various types of finishes, or body works are provided, and it depends on a manufacturer of the bike rack system. A fine finishing will protect against bad weather, and corrosive damages, and so the system will work for a long period. You may face the following types of the coating:
- Zinc Coat, or galvanized coat is expensive but gives a great corrosion resistance, protection against weather, and other damages. Its appearance is dull.
- Powder coat has different colors. This coating gives steady skeletal protection against bad weather conditions, and the façade will be glossy.
- Stainless steel is one of the best long-lasting materials. It has great corrosion protection and smooth exterior. This is a great option for the garage bike systems due to its simple maintenance.
- Cast-off plastic coat is environment friendly due to the recycled plastic goods.
Installation of Bike Storage
The installation may take much time in order to achieve the required result, so you have to be scrupulous about this in order to save your bikes and other things on the garage. The mechanism of the equipment is determined by the place and the rack utility. So, having a good location is a guarantee of the installation. The place depends on a rack you have. This place should be safe, without any barriers. Pets should not have the access to this place. Pay a special attention to the locking mechanism because you do not want your bike fall off the wall of ceiling.
Today the market is full of various options where you face different sizes, styles, features, configurations, and characteristics, and so you should know exactly what bicycle storage rack you want. You should know the functions of the rack. Detect a place you want to install this system: whether it is for your garage, or you will just hang it to the ceiling. Or will you move your rack constantly? Or maybe you need to save some space and you like things being organized. You have to think this over before buying a rack. Take your time. You should consider all details of the rack design because it may be too small, or too large, or not having all features, and others.