When the weather gets warmer, the general inclination is to spend more time outdoors. Every golf player or hunter knows that having the correct estimation of distance draws the line between the winners and losers. Rangefinders belong to an innovative class of technology that has been evolving over the last century. People want to know what the best rangefinder under $200 might be. In this popular price range, you’ll find golf laser rangefinders are great and will provide you with different features and certain ranges. Although we highly recommend you read my buyer’s guide first. If you already have an extensive knowledge of golf laser rangefinders, you can use the table of contents below to quickly see which one we ranked as best under $200. We have done the big work for you and narrowed down your options.
Also you can read about Best golf rangefinders
Check the price
|5 - 540 yards,|
|Nikon Coolshot 20|
Check the price
|6 - 550 yards,|
Check the price
|5 - 600 m|
Check the price
|3 - 400 yards,|
Check the price
|6 - 710 yards,|
Check the price
|5 - 540 yards,|
Check the price
|5 - 656 yards,|
TecTecTec VPRO500 – Best laser rangefinder for golf under $200
The first laser range finder on our list is the VPRO500 from TecTecTec. The VRPRO500 is a simple and compact rangefinder coming in at only about 4 inches in length and only 185 grams which is less than half a pound.
The device comes with its own carrying case that is shock resistant and can protect the VRPRO500 from drops and the elements as well as featuring a high visibility yellow trim so you’ll never lose it while out golfing. This rangefinder under 200 dollars comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth to help optimize visibility and measurement accuracy as well as a battery.
The VRPRO500 uses a through the lens display that is used to both aim the rangefinding laser as well as displaying the range to the target and the battery level.
The laser is eye safe and boasts accuracy to within 1 yard and can even take measurements through overlapping objects allowing it to get the range of things through wooded areas and hazards. This device’s quick scanning ability also allows it to either be used for a single measurement that can be locked in for easy viewing or it can scan continuously updating the distance in real time. TecTecTec covers the VRPRO500 with a 2-year warranty and offers a satisfaction guarantee.
- 2018 UPGRADED LASER RANGEFINDER; Our VPRO500 Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pinsensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body.
- NEW PINSENSOR TECHNOLOGY; provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pinsensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas (Yards or Meters)
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g, with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk
- FULL PACKAGE; (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output) Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide, TecTecTec Happy Guarantee (2 Years) and Lifetime customer support
- Quick scanning technology offers accurate and continuous measurements
- Lightweight and easy to carry with included case
- 2-year warranty
Nikon Coolshot 20 – Classy laser rangefinder for golf under 200
The Nikon Coolshot 20 measures a paltry 3.6-inches in length and boasts a number of interesting features that Nikon has used their experience with camera technology to include.
Out of the box, the Coolshot comes with a case that is on a string that can be worn like around the neck or simply tied to a golf bag, as well as two batteries. The Coolshot uses a first target priority system meaning that it always gets the range to the closest object when looking at a group of objects, making it difficult to see through a layered object like a canopy of trees.
The Coolshot has a fixed magnification that is sighted in for around 300 to 550 yards and cannot be adjusted or changed. The buttons are easy to use and intuitive though, offering 8 seconds of continuous range measurements for each time the button is pressed, which is usually just about perfect for the average user. The device is mildly waterproof as well able to work in a light rain.
- The lightest and most compact golf rangefinder Nikon produces will fit easily into a pocket or golf bag
- First target priority technology allows for the closest object in a group of objects to be measured every time
- A single press of the power button provides 8-second continuous measurement scanning to allow for quick measurements to multiple targets
- Item Weight: 4.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Two batteries included
Wosports Rangefinder – Topnotch laser rangefinder with slope, golf trajectory mode
Some more experienced golfers who travel to a variety of courses throughout the year may be looking for a rangefinder that can give more information than just the distance to the flag, and this rangefinder from Wosports is the first rangefinder under 200 in our roundup that can accomplish that.
This device retains the ease of use that other rangefinders have featuring a two button operation to switch between its four modes. The golf laser rangefinder can measure to within 1 yard at distances between 5 and 600 yards and has a fixed magnification of 6x.
The device features four modes that are cycled through with one of the two buttons while the other one is a simple on/off button. The first mode provides the user with either a single targeted measurement or many continuous measurements through the viewfinder. The second mode vibrates the laser to allow for more accurate measurements of objects like flags and things that are on the other side of course features such as trees or foliage. The third mode is a slope function which can calculate the gradient of an area and provide the user with valuable information about slope adjusted distance. The final mode can track an object as it moves through the viewfinder and determines the speed of the object, which is great for honing in your shots at the driving range.
- Multi Functions: The Golf Range Finder is a function-enhanced models for golf sports, with Range/Angle/Flag-lock/Slope distance correction/Speed functions.
- Golf Slope Mode: accurately ranges from 5 to 650 yards and 180 yards to a flag lock. if you used on M2 M3 Mode, Flag pole locking up to 180 yards.
- Precision & Convenience: provide detailed accuracy to 1m in distance and 1° in angle for better players and elite amateurs; you can easily toggle units between meters and yards.
- Solid Construction: Comfort grip with ergonomic design,it has comfort grip,Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.4mW average power output; complete rangefinder package for quick setup,including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, strap, cleaning cloth, quick start guide
- WoSports Happy Guarantee: 1-Year Warranty and Lifetime customer support.
- Dimensions: 127mm x 80mm x 43mm
- Weight: 223g
Precision Pro Golf Nexus – Super laser golf range finder, accurate to 1 yard
For those looking for a rangefinder more accurate than just plus or minus a yard, the Precision Pro Golf Nexus displays distances down to a tenth of a yard of accuracy. This device comes with its own brightly colored carrying case with allows it to never get lost, and also includes one battery. The device itself has two buttons on the top that power the device on and switch between its modes.
The advanced target lock technology in this rangefinder allows it to zone in on the right object almost every time regardless of how much foliage is obstructing the view or whether there is something in the background that might get picked up instead of the flag. The device features continuous scanning technology that allows for instantaneous updates to the information on the display and allows
The Nexus rangefinder features a variable six times zoom and comes with a one year warranty. The weakness of this unit, however, is its paltry 400-yard range which, while sufficient on some courses may be lacking for longer shots.
- ACCURATE DISTANCES: the Nexus is better at measuring to the flag than you are at guessing. The 1-yard accuracy gives you the confidence to pick the correct club
- USER FRIENDLY: our technology makes the Nexus simple to use even for golfers with shaky hands.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: water-resistant design, accurate to 1 yard, 400-yard range, 6X magnification, 1/10-yard measurements, yards and meters measurements, tournament legal.
- 400 Yard Measuring Range- ensures you’ll never be out of range of the target.
- Includes: Nexus Rangefinder, Carrying Case, 3 Volt Battery, Lanyard, Cleaning Cloth, Instruction Manual, 1-Year Warranty.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 2 x 3.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.2 ounces
Kozyvacu Double Eagles DEPRO-800 – Laser range finder with pinsensor, laser binoculars, water proof
Many golfing laser rangefinders require that there be prisms placed on the course near the hole in order to receive an accurate reading of how far you are from the hole. The Double Eagle DEPRO800 features advanced laser rangefinding technology that allows for accurate measurements at ranges from 5 to 300 yards on any target without the use of a prism. With a prism at the hole, you can measure ranges up to 700 yards allowing for consistent selection of the right club when making your drive to the green.
You can also measure the ranges of the fairway edges by using the intelligent scan technology that allows for 8 seconds of accurate and continuous measurements that are displayed through the variable zoom lens that can reach up to 6x magnification.
The DEPRO800 features a durable water resistant and shock resistant construction, meaning it can be used in any weather without concern for it getting damaged or destroyed by water or a drop. This device also features Double Eagle’s intelligent pinsensor technology which allows the laser to focus in on the flag for an accurate range to the hole while ignoring object in the background or small object that are in the foreground such as foliage or course hazards.
- PLAY WITH CONFIDENCE, with Double Eagles DEPRO-800, our users constantly tell us that having a golf rangefinder took 2-3 strokes off their rounds. Increased Confidence and Fewer Frustrations can be yours too!
- TIRED OF GUESSING AT YARDAGES? You need Double Eagles Laser Rangefinder! Step up your game with on-demand distance information to anything on the course. Just Point & Shoot!
- LONG MEASUREMENT RANGE: Double Eagles DEPRO-800 has a 710 yard maximum range | You’ll always know you have the right club!
- RAINPROOF:Protection class IPX4. Its rubber cover protects it from knocks and gives it a pleasingly firm grip. Enjoy fascinating image quality whatever the weather.
- SMART PINSENSOR TECHNOLOGY: Our 3rd Generation Smart PinSensor Technology firmware designed with first target priority quickly locks onto the flag while ignoring background objects.
- Net dimension and weight: 4.2”x2.8”x1.6” inches, 6.34oz (180g),
- Shipping dimensions: 5.9×3.9×2.8 inches
- Intelligent pinsensor technology allows the device to lock onto the flag through trees and other obstructions
- Rainproof and shock resistant design
TecTecTec VPRO500S – Exclusive slope golf rangefinder under $200
The VRPRO500S is almost identical to the base model VRPRO500 we looked at earlier in our roundup, however, this one also boasts a slope compensating feature. As with the base model, this one comes with its own carrying case that is impact resistant and can keep the device protected from the elements while also providing a touch of high visibility color to the VRPRO’s all black construction.
The unique display on the VRPRO500S has a standard reticle in the center for aiming the laser as well as the direct range to the target below the reticle in yards. Below this, the device uses the slope between you and the hole to calculate the compensated distance, which is effectively how far you need to hit the ball in order for it to reach the green. Finally, at the top of the display above the reticle, the device shows the incline or decline in degrees between you and the flag or target.
While this is an accurate device and slope compensation can improve a good golfer’s game tremendously, it is important to note that this particular model is not legal in competition since the slope compensation feature is not turned on and off with a toggle switch.
- 2018 EDITION TOURNAMENT LEGAL: Quality Golf Rangefinder with Long Measurement Range (540 Yards).
- UPGRADED FLAGSEEKER Advanced PinSensor Technology and NEW Slope estimated distance mode.
- DURABLE: Rainproof Construction, High-quality 6x Monocular with Multilayer Coating for Bright, Clear Images
- FULL PACKAGE: (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output) Deluxe case, Battery, 2 YEAR Manufacturer Warranty.
- Item Weight: 12 ounces
- Slope compensation allows for more accurate shots in tough terrain
- 2-year warranty and great customer service
SUAOKI – Topflight digital laser rangefinder with golf distance correction
The final laser rangefinder on our list is also the only one to have an external display. The Suaoki digital rangefinder features not only information being displayed through the viewfinder itself but also shows the information on the external LCD display mounted on the side. The viewfinder features variable magnification up to 6x and the laser can accurately measure distances without a prism at up to 650 yards. The device features four modes that include ranging, flagpole locking, distance correction, and a fog mode.
The ranging mode takes continuous measurements and shows them through the viewfinder while the flagpole locking mode scans the field of view in the viewfinder and locks onto the flag to offer the most precise distance to the hole possible. This information is displayed through both the viewfinder window and the screen on the side. The third mode is a slope detecting mode that corrects the distance you need to hit for the gradient between you and the green. The final mode changes the frequency of the laser to be able to accurately read distances through fog or rain, making this a great multi-use rangefinder for golfing or hunting.
- Long Range: a max range of 600 meters (656 yards) allows you to easily get measurements and info on most objects, without having to get closer
- Maximum Accuracy: with 6x magnification and accuracy to within 1 meter, you can be sure that you’re always getting the correct measurements, without having to worry about miscalculations
- Adaptable Modes: a range, flagpole lock, golf distance correction, and fog mode allow you to adapt the product for whatever use you need it
- Convenience: our product features a side display, which makes it easier to read your readings and measurements so that you don’t have to squint into the eyepiece
- Portability: our rainproof laser rangefinder is lightweight (175g), and comes with a convenient belt-mountable bag and lanyard, allowing utmost mobility and portability for whenever you use it
- Four modes offers tons of information
- External LCD Display shows locked distance to the flag
- LCD Screen can drain the battery more quickly
Update August 02, 2018
If you buy a linked product, GOLF.COM may earn a fee ... Bushnell’s superior laser rangefinder technology offers the kind of precision and accuracy that pro golfers trust. Read more: GOLF.com He knew that laser rangefinders are a good way to go and mentions their use in golfing and the building trades. He picked up this handheld version billed as a laser tape measure. He put up a ... Read more: Hackaday Lasers are some of the coolest devices around. We can use them to cut things, create laser light shows, and also as a rangefinder.[Ignas] wrote in to tell us about [Berryjam’s] AMAZING write-up ... Read more: Hackaday Any player can improve his or her game off the tee and throughout the course with the right golf ... [+] rangefinder. Ensuring you have one of the best golf rangefinders—such as the Garmin ... Read more: Forbes a 450-yard laser range to flag, and is accurate to within 10 inches. Here’s a quick look at some of the features that make the Z82 my second-favorite golf rangefinder. The Approach Z82 is my top ... Read more: Times Union The "Golf Rangefinder Market" Study Describes how the technology industry is evolving and how major and emerging players ... Read more: MarketWatch Mar (The Expresswire) -- "Golf Rangefinder Market" Insights 2023 By Applications (Offline, Online), By Types (Laser, GPS, ,), Regions and ... Read more: MarketWatch Should I get a golf or hunting rangefinder? If you partake in one or both of these activities, you’ve probably needed to check your distance to your target. This is usually accomplished with the ... Read more: KOIN 6 The Shot Scope Pro LX+ offers 3-in-1 technology that includes a GPS, laser rangefinder for golf, and personalized shot tracking. With one of the longest-lasting battery lives on the market ... Read more: GOLF.com
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder – Super laser range finder for hunting under 100
Buyer’s Guide: Best Bushnell Rangefinders of 2023
Fail Of The Week: Capturing Data From A Laser Rangefinder
Pew Pew! An Arduino Based Laser Rangefinder
Fairway Focus: The Best Golf Rangefinders That Lower Scores
7 Best Golf Rangefinders of 2023: Play Like a Pro!
Golf Rangefinder Market Size and Forecast till 2031
Golf Rangefinder Market Share and Forecast till 2027
Is there a difference between golf rangefinders and hunting rangefinders?
Buyer’s Guide: Best Golf Rangefinders of 2023
If you buy a linked product, GOLF.COM may earn a fee ... Bushnell’s superior laser rangefinder technology offers the kind of precision and accuracy that pro golfers trust. Read more: GOLF.com
He knew that laser rangefinders are a good way to go and mentions their use in golfing and the building trades. He picked up this handheld version billed as a laser tape measure. He put up a ... Read more: Hackaday
Lasers are some of the coolest devices around. We can use them to cut things, create laser light shows, and also as a rangefinder.[Ignas] wrote in to tell us about [Berryjam’s] AMAZING write-up ... Read more: Hackaday
Any player can improve his or her game off the tee and throughout the course with the right golf ... [+] rangefinder. Ensuring you have one of the best golf rangefinders—such as the Garmin ... Read more: Forbes
a 450-yard laser range to flag, and is accurate to within 10 inches. Here’s a quick look at some of the features that make the Z82 my second-favorite golf rangefinder. The Approach Z82 is my top ... Read more: Times Union
The "Golf Rangefinder Market" Study Describes how the technology industry is evolving and how major and emerging players ... Read more: MarketWatch
Mar (The Expresswire) -- "Golf Rangefinder Market" Insights 2023 By Applications (Offline, Online), By Types (Laser, GPS, ,), Regions and ... Read more: MarketWatch
Should I get a golf or hunting rangefinder? If you partake in one or both of these activities, you’ve probably needed to check your distance to your target. This is usually accomplished with the ... Read more: KOIN 6
The Shot Scope Pro LX+ offers 3-in-1 technology that includes a GPS, laser rangefinder for golf, and personalized shot tracking. With one of the longest-lasting battery lives on the market ... Read more: GOLF.com
Best golf distance finder
I’ve used the Bushnell and recently bought the TecTecTec rangefinder and I’ve got to be honest the TTT does the job. Here’s my differences and I’ll list the PROS for both.
– Price (duh)
– Has everything the big name brand rangefinders give you: stickers, carrying case that zips and clips depending on your preference.
– The size, about every rangefinder will be palm size (unless you’re Shaquille O’Neal)
– Pinseeking technology (TecTecTec provides a few different modes that I only struggle with locking onto my target if there are large or a number of direct objects behind, the laser will bounce off those instead of flag. I remedy by pointing down at the ground nearest the flag and assuming +/- 2 yard differences)
– First target priority mode, pinseeking mode, scan mode are all modes you can opt/change for that is included in the above mentioned “everything the big name brand” minimum asking capabilities you can claim rangefinders should achieve ‘statement’.
– Professional backing
– More sturdy of a feel, you don’t feel scared to drop on hard packed dirt or leave in the rain/cart
– Buzz when locked onto target
– Flashy cool expensive toy which may make you play more golf reasoning you want to go out and use it more.
I weighed all the options before buying and actually got as a gift and I’m more than happy with my TecTecTec VPRO500 tagged up with my common sense golfing skills. Sometimes it’ll catch to other targets but with my buddy’s Bushnell that happens too. I feel more than happy with not spending a ton on the Bushnell but I respect if you trust name and longevity over TecTecTec which could be seen as the WalMart cheap brand of a rangefinder. LoL
I use my range finder very little, mainly on par 3’s or if there is a hazard to avoid. I use a garmin x40 watch which is fantastic. Mentioned about is knowing you distances, that is so so important. I not only measure the majority of my tee shot, but measure most of my other shots as well, I know I hit my 19.5* cobra f7 5 wood 182 to 184 yards every time, so I know where I am going to be. I play with guys that never measure their shots, either drives or fairway shot and it amazes me. You have to do it every round as it can change day to day, how you are swinging, weather, which ball you are using, time of day. I do this for all my clubs.
I have a Bushnell Pro X2 range finder and like it.